According to the Afghan law, every citizen is required to have Afghan ID “Tazkira”. Children from Afghan parents, who are born in Canada – or those, who have not obtained a Tazkira or whose Tazkiras were lost – can submit a written application to obtain a new one.
- Completed, signed and thumb-printed IDENTIFICATION FORM (Absentee Tazkira Form).
- Passport-sized photos meeting international passport photo requirements.
- A copy of the Tazkira of the first-grade relative such as father, brother, sister, uncle (کاکا)or cousin (پسر کاکا) who is mentioned in the identification form.
- Children who were born in Canada should submit an original copy of their birth certificate validated with a copy of parents’ Tazkira.
- Provide a copy of a document verifying residency status in Canada, such us; Canadian Passport, Citizenship ID, Permanent Residence Card, and Refugee Protection Claimant Document.
- Provide a document verifying your current address, such us; driving license, utility bills, etc.
- Provide the identification information of the person representing the applicant in Afghanistan in regards to processing the absentee Tazkira application.
- If you are not able to pick up the passport from the Consulate, please send a registered and certified courier to receive your documents
Consulate mailing address:
Consulate General of Afghanistan
7825 EDMONDS STREET,
BURNABY BC V3N 1B9