Entry permits are required for all Afghans with dual nationalities, and children born outside Afghanistan and/or are holders of Canadian passports or other nationalities. If the child is born to Afghan parents in Afghanistan, and his/her place of birth is specified to be in Afghanistan in his/her passport, entry permits are not required.
To apply for an entry-permit, the followings are required:
- Complete the Entry Permit Application Form on your computer and printed it for signature or fill the form with black ink
- Applicant’s Passport with a minimum of 6-month validity
- One of the parents must be present (the child is not required to be present). We require parents’ consent for the child’s travel to Afghanistan.
- Birth Certificate with both parents’ details (Please bring original and 1 copy)
- Parents’ passport (Please bring original and 1 copy)
- The issued permit is for a period of one year with multiple entries free of charge
Note: Please download the Child Visa Application Form and fill in before you come to the Consulate Section.