Welcome to the passport information page. The Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Vancouver provides Afghan passport services to citizens of Afghanistan for international travel.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the instruction, complete the forms with the correct information, and return it to the Consulate General with the required documents.
1. Complete both sides of the application form “English and Farsi/Pashto” on your computer and printed it for signature or fill the form with black ink.
Passport application form:
2. Include the following documents with your application:
- Attach the checklist
- Identification document – original Tazkira.
- Previous Afghan Passport (If your passport has been lost or stolen, please submit a police report with your application and a copy of your passport).
- Provide a document verifying residency status in Canada; such us; Canadian Passport, Citizenship ID, Permanent Residence Card, Refugee Protection Claimant Document.
- Provide a document verifying your current address, such us; driving license, utility bills, etc.
- Two identical passport photos size 2x2 inches (the name and the complete address of the photographer and the date the photos is taken must be included on the back of one of the photos. Read the full requirements for more information).
3. If you are applying for your children under 18, you must prove and attach the following documents:
- Consent letter, signed by parents
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parents’ Afghan ID (original Tazkira)
- Provide a copy of document verifying residency status of Parents and applicants in Canada; such us; Canadian Passport, Citizenship ID, Permanent Residence Card, Refugee Protection Claimant Document.
- If the parent is not together, proof of separation or divorce and guardian document.
4. Submit your application and pay your fee:
- The fee for normal Passport is 145.00 (US Dollar) and for the urgent process is 170.00 (US Dollar) The normal process takes about 10 to 14 business days, and the urgent process takes 3 to 5 business days. Submit your money order per application, payable to “Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver – Canada.”
NOTE: You will not receive a refund after you have submitted your application.
5. Receiving your document by mail:
- If you are not able to pick up the passport from the Consulate, please send a registered and certified courier to receive your documents.
Consulate mailing address:
Consulate General of Afghanistan
7825 EDMONDS STREET,
BURNABY BC V3N 1B9
6. All documents must be submitted in either Dari, Pashto or English language.
The Consulate is open for business Monday to Friday, except on Afghanistan and Canadian holidays.
Passport section 09:30AM – 01:00 (Drop off application) 02:30PM – 04:00PM (Pick up Document)
you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our passport section through following
Number and email:
+1 (604) 553-3159