Welcome to the Consular section of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Vancouver. Please find all information on the visa application procedures here.
Please read carefully through the instructions, complete the form with the correct information, and send it to the Consular Office with all required documents.
Requirements for Afghanistan VISA:
- Fill in the “Visa Application Form” correctly and must be signed and dated.
- Valid passport with a minimum of three months’ validity and one visa blank page.
- One recent photo of the applicant. See passport photo requirements.
- Provide a document verifying your current address, such as; driving license, utility bills, etc.
- A personal statement describing the purpose of the journey, where and with whom the applicant will be residing and the residence address during the visit. And,
- The statement should also indicate that the applicant is aware of the risks involved in the journey and takes full responsibility for any liability arising during or as a result of the trip to Afghanistan
Note: If employment/ or business is the purpose of the travel, attach a copy of the invitation letter from the relevant NGO/Organization/Company/Agency in Afghanistan.
Submit your application and pay your fee.
- The fee for tourism and visit visa is $100.00 and for the urgent process is $150.00. The normal process takes about 10 business days, and the urgent process takes 3 business days. Submit your money order per application, payable to “Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver – Canada.”
Tourist visas are extendable in Afghanistan, but it is not possible to change it to business or employment visa. The validity of the visa begins from the issue date of the visa.